Linda Stirling Unmasked: The Black Whip




AGORA
: Dragged from her chariot by a mob of fanatical vigilante Christian monks, the revered astronomer was stripped naked, skinned to her bones with sharp oyster shells, stoned and burned alive as possibly the first executed witch in history. A kind of purge that was apparently big business back then.


CRITICAL WOMEN HEADLINES

1/19/09

Reader Mailbag: Hollywood Does It Right With Changeling



Dear Prairie Miller:

Such a nice review of The Changeling - and a lot of other facts learned from it as well! This movie wasn't perfect, indeed it was quite flawed in many aspects, but there was something about it that left me breathless by the time the credits started rolling. And I'm not easily impressed!

This was a trademark Clint Eastwood film, but I felt it was very different from his other works such as Million Dollar Baby. For once, I had no problem with Angelina Jolie's acting - so powerful yet understated - although her character was too saintly for my taste. Finally, Hollywood did something right!

Above all, it was the story that had the biggest impact on me, and I hope I can find a movie or book as good as Changeling. To think that this is based on a true story..
If you're a fan of the movie Changeling and want to know more about Sanford Clark and Gordon Northcott, I just learned that writer Anthony Flacco has a publishing deal with Sterling for The Road Out of Hell: Sanford Clark and the True Story of the Wineville Murders. It's being described as a psychological thriller written in cooperation with the adult living son of Sanford Clark. The book, I'm told, will be out in Fall '09.

I look forward to reading more of your reviews, especially more of dark psychological drama! If you have more to recommend me, please do!!

Hannah

CLICK TO READ REVIEW HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment